Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Avengers: Endgame (Spoiler Free Movie Review - Desi Rating:5/5 stars)

By Hamza Shafique (Instagram / Facebook)

 
I am trying really hard not to give spoilers in my review but I have been through way too much exciting stuff in 3 hours of this film that I have an urge to talk about it all but for now I will refrain from it for you guys, and also as we all know Thanos demand your silence. Russo brother's Avengers: Endgame is a treat for marvel fans and ticks all boxes from expectations perspective. All what I wanted to see is there and is better and bigger than my expectations. There was alot of noise about it being 3 hours long and having no interval but it doesnt feel that long infact I wanted to see more, for me it finished to fast.


Film starts from where Avengers : Infinity War ended and continues post Thanos click. We see our favorite heroes dealing with the loss of loved ones, where some have moved on while some holding on to the loss and looking for a way to fix it. Screenplay is beautifully written, pacing is perfect where each and every character gets the right time and focus. Humor flows naturally throughout and action is mostly limited to climax with few moments here and there but it was required like this for it to have the maximum impact.


I am still amazed at Russo Brother's capabilities to bring dozens of characters to live onscreen in a narrative that justifies their presence, present them well and do justice to them overall. Let me add another thing without giving spoilers that storyline moves in such a way that it takes you throughout Avengers timeline superbly and brings some old characters/moments back onscreen and this added element of nostalgia creates a feel of its own. Script makes sure that you laugh and cry along with characters that you have grown to love over the years.


Action sequences are just out of this world especially the elongated climactic sequence is choreographed to perfection. If you thought climactic action sequence that happened on Earth and Titan simultaneously in Infinity War was grand then here in Endgame it's more than grand, its infact epic, I dont have a word to describe its grandeur. I am sure for another decade or so no other film will be able to match this level set by Avengers: Endgame.


My only complain with Infinity War was that it doesnt let Captain America shine in action sequences or gives it enough screen time compared to Thor and Iron-Man and here Russo brothers took care of it. The trinity of MCU definitely shines with all their glory and especially when you will leave cinema the heroism of Captain America will be on your mind.


All the stars especially the original Avengers Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner have performed to perfection, they own these characters and I am sure for a longer period, audience will never accept any other actors in these avatars on screen now. So much happens in this installment that one might end up giving spoilers unintentionally. I wish I could say more and discuss the elements that really moved me throughout the movie but then I will get into spoiler zone which I really don't want and will do a detailed spoiler review later.



I clapped at the entry of my favorite super heroes, screamed in excitement when punches were delivered, whistled in joy when a bad guy went down, laughed out loud when super heroes acted silly and even cried my soul out, It felt like going on a roller coaster ride of emotions throughout the 181 minutes of runtime of this movie, I last experienced this when Avengers : Infinity War came out and with Endgame Russo brothers have taken it a level up. Avengers : Endgame is not a movie, its a cinematic event of our century, I go with 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment