Thursday, August 24, 2017

Social Connect with Shardul Pandit

By: Hamza Shafique





Most of the people in UAE knew him as evening show ka daddy. Yes, I am talking about RJ Shardul from his evening show on UAE’s no.1 Radio station Mirchi. His life was all set with a successful evening show but to pursue his dream of making big in Bollywood he packed his bags, resigned from the job and moved to Mumbai. We later saw him on &TV’s Supernatural show ‘Kuldeepak’ which also wrapped up recently, so decided to find out how’s life after UAE. Here is our usual 5 questions interview with UAE’s very own ‘Shardul Pandit’




How does Social Connect works? I try to get in touch with Celebs on their official social media pages and ask them for a 5 questions interview. If we get a positive reply, then we ask for an official email address to make sure we are in touch with the right person. Rest of the interview and correspondence is purely on mail to stay true to the theme of the segment. For Shardul Pandit I simply went with his verified Instagram account


DDR: How’s life after Radio Mirchi UAE? Do you miss UAE?

Shardul: Life has been very different yet satisfying post radio Mirchi Uae. Yes, the dirhams have now become rupees, Massimo Dutti has now become Bandra and Lokhandwala shopping, a 5-star residence is now a humble 1 BHK but no complaints am living my dream. I knew it all before shifting. I do miss the high life of Dubai , comfort and more importantly my friends who were life family.





DDR: We all know you from your onscreen and on air persona but who is real Shardul? I mean who would quit a successful rush hour show on UAE’s no1 radio channel to pursue dreams in Mumbai. This makes your life really inspiring for people like me who are stuck between making a living and living your dream. I believe we can learn a thing or two from it. Tell us a little bit about your journey to where you are now.

Shardul: Shardul is a mad guy who can give up anything for his passion. I still remember a farewell party (amongst the 13 that I got), where a successful jock from another radio station came and told me that and his exact words "Shardul, you are an idiot, do you know that you were amongst the highest paid jocks in UAE, why are you leaving”. My answer was “Brother dreams cost a thing or two”. I already was on a “drive time” of a two-time award winning radio station. Knew every important person, had done all the parties and strutted the branded stuff. What next I wanted to grow creatively and hence I embarked on a journey to go back to what I love, acting. It hasn't been and won't be easy but if I wanted easy I would have never left.





DDR: I enjoyed your new show Kuldeepak on &TV and you did a very good job as an over protective father. It was an unusual show, now as its over tell us how was your experience getting back on screen after so many years?

Shardul: This was the first time I was playing a leading man. I have debuted with a negative role and got so typecast that people were not ready to take me as a leading man. Doing romantic scenes, playing the good guy, breaking doors to save the heroine and donning the hat of father of a 5 year old. Everything was new and I loved every minute of it. The show was based on omen.



 
DDR: As an actor, how hard is it to be someone else in front of camera and be your true self off camera?

Shardul: I guess most actors are schizophrenics, lol am kidding. It's what I love about the process. To be certain someone, feel what they would, react how they would and then convince people. I mean for a guy who is single to play a romantic husband and a protective father was the kick I got. Trick is you have to feel you can't cheat.





DDR: Now as the TV show is over, what is next for you? where can we see or hear more of you in future?

Shardul: As of now I have wrapped up Kuldeepak. Taking a break to concentrate on some transformation. There is a non-fiction project in pipeline can't talk about much. Also as al Pacino said 99 percent actors are looking for roles 99 percent of the time. So, till the next time I hear "rolling action"

DDR: In the end, I would like to thank you for your positive response on social media and taking out time for our request for Social Connect Segment.


Shardul: Thank you for the love.




No comments:

Post a Comment